Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Not going to Iraq...yet

Well, while I have not been told a pinpoint assignment (which battalion I will be with), I have been told that it will either be with the 4th Brigade Combat Team or with the 159th Aviation Brigade. Neither of whom are scheduled to go overseas until sometime next year at the soonest. This is great news! It is not that I am unwilling or seeking to avoid deployment. My family and I know that deployment is part of the ministry of the Chaplaincy. (and often the most fruitful part)! But because we are newly moving in, it will really help us as a family to make the transition to active duty life if I am not packing up and leaving them 2 weeks after we move in. In the meantime, please be praying for the 1, 2 and 3 Brigades and their families as they deploy next month.

We are scheduled to leave Florida on 04 SEP and close on the house in Clarksville on the 6th. We will then go up to St. Louis to get our belongings out of storage up there and visit some friends. We will be back in Clarksville on Sunday the 9th and (hopefully) the movers will deliver our stuff to the house on that afternoon. Anybody living in the Clarksville area that wants to come help us out (or just visit, really) is welcome to stop by. Just email for directions.

- CH Jonathan

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad to hear you will have time to settle into your new home as a family before you leave, Jonathan. I'm also glad for this blog to help keep us updated. I can't wait to hear how the move goes. Hopefully it will be smooth and as uneventful as possible.

We will be praying for all the details to work out and for safety and sanity as you drive such long distances with your family.

livinginthemidwest said...

Hi Entrekin Family,

I found your blog through the Crumley's and am so glad I did. I think of you all and wonder where God is leading you now after seminary. I get updates from my sister here and there but I know she didn't know the latest so I am glad that I can keep up with you through this blog. I will be praying for your move and transitions. We have many military friends here in Hawaii and can see how much of a need there is for Christian Chaplains that can preach the truth and hope of the Gospel in love.

Much Aloha,
Erin (and boys)

...by the way I love your new house.

Anonymous said...

While I know it will be hard for your family, I'm glad for you if you get to serve overseas.

The troops need a good Chaplin; they can be a rock in a time of uncertainty and a reminder of what is back home - seeing a consistent reflection of Christ while in the midst of stuff this is so un-Christlike.

Blessings on you all.

Jonathan said...

Thanks Dave, that means alot coming from you.

- Jonathan