Friday, August 10, 2007

Introduction


Jonathan and Suzi Entrekin met when they were 3 years old. They both attended the same pre-school, as well as elementary, middle and high schools in Gulf Breeze, Florida. We began dating our senior year. Of course, we both ended up attending the same college. Suzi and I graduated from Covenant College in 1995. We were married that summer. In the fall of 1996, I was hired as the Resident Director for Carter Hall at Covenant College. I served in that capacity for 6 years. While working for the college, I attended classes through the Psychological Studies Institute in Atlanta and earned my Masters degree in Counseling. While I completed my counseling internship, Suzi worked as a Resident Director for Covenant College's Student Apartment community.

After 9-11, I began to wonder about the possibility of doing counseling in the military. I went to ask our pastor, himself an Army Chaplain, if he thought the military would be a good fit for me. After hearing what type of counseling I was interested in doing, he suggested that I consider being a Chaplain. After several months of prayer, Suzi and I agreed that God was indeed calling us to serve in that Army Chaplaincy. We moved our family to St. Louis to attend Covenant Theological Seminary. While in St. Louis, I joined the Army's Chaplain Candidate program, was commissioned a 2nd Lt. and joined the Missouri National Guard.

After graduating from Covenant Seminary in 2007 with a Masters in Divinity, I pursued ordination through the Tennessee Valley Presbytery. In July 2007, I met all of the requirements for ordination. I was also picked up by the Army Chaplain accesssions board to serve active duty. My ordination service took place on August 5th with our pastor, Randy Nabors preaching and Rev. Joe Novenson giving the charge to me and praying. Good friend Sila Tuju and Rob Woodard served as the Ruling Elders on the ordination service commission.

On August 9th, we were informed that we would be heading to Ft. Campbell, KY. I have been tasked to be a Chaplain with the 101st Airborne Division. Please pray for Suzi and our 4 children: Asher (9), Kinsman (6), Nouwen (4) and Ransom (1) as we make this transition to active duty.

Pro Deo et Patria - For God and Country

No comments: