Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back from Ft. Polk

Well, after 3 and a half long weeks, I have finally gotten back from Ft. Polk. It is soooooo good to be back with Suzi and the kids here in Clarksville. It was a great reunion! And as an added bonus, Suzi's mom came the next day and is spending a week with us; Uncle Bryan Walker is scheduled to come for a visit this coming Monday; and my sister Leslynne will be coming sometime this upcoming week. We have not seen them since we moved here so it will be good to have them with us. And (just as a reminder) anyone else who would like to visit us, please consider yourself invited. We would love to see you!

The training at Ft. Polk was intense and long but was an excellent way for me to integrate myself into my new unit. I was blessed to have Chaplain Anderson, the Chaplain I am replacing, go along with us. He served as an invaluable teacher/mentor on how the unit works, what to expect, what needs to be done in what order, etc. It is amazing how much more you learn with on the job training compared to the Chaplain schoolhouse at Ft. Jackson. Our unit had great success at Ft. Polk but were sent home with some clear things to work on.

Between now and deploying in the Spring, I know that there are a number of things personally and job related that I will need to work on and strengthen. But for right now, I am happy just to spend a relaxing weekend with my family.

Thanks for reading this blog and sorry that it takes so long to update it. Hopefully now that I am back, I can keep it updated more often. (Our communications at Ft. Polk were not able to accomodate that). Thank you especially for all of your prayers and please keep them coming. My family and I thrive off of them.

Feel free to leave comments or email us at: entrekin@hotmail.com

God Bless!

Jonathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your
website and in accession capital to say that I get actually loved account your
weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your feeds and even I
achievement you get right of entry to constantly
quickly.

Here is my webpage :: クロエ ハンドバッグ